Tuesday, October 27, 2009

~Artwork #1 Street Angel ~ New Pics!



Click On Picture For Close-up

OK...so I'm working on taking better pictures of my artwork so that they aren't distorted and actually look like the artwork. I'm also working with a trial version of Photoshop Elements to adjust the lighting in the photo and to crop.


Even though Street Angel has already been posted, I'm reposting the pictures so that you're better able to see what the piece actually looks like. It is multi-dimensional and I hope these pictures better reflect that.


In Street Angel, I've used an image technique that allows me to work on it with acrylic paints and many different color mediums. I also adhere pieces of text, papers and fabrics in the image. I work in a very "Edward Scissorhands" way, guided only by my feelings of what works and what doesn't. As I work, I am completely immersed in the process and because I work like "Edward", I end up with so many of what I call "happy accidents," a blotch of paint here where it wasn't meant to go, a piece of paper stuck there which was picked up by the mess on my table.


Speaking of my workspace -- I will try and remember to take pictures of my area when I'm working. It's really crazy and ends up quite a mess, as well as myself! But it's the way I prefer to work. When I'm done for the day, I always clean it up because I have to have a clean slate for the next day or the creative process won't begin again for me. (I really should videotape myself sometime because I feel that I would look just like "Edward" when he's trimming the trees! ")

No comments:

Post a Comment